Boone was raised in the small town of New Hebron, MS, which is where he fell in love with the drums at a very young age. He got his start by constructing drum kits out of five gallon buckets, coffee cans, hubcaps and even the kitchen sink. He joined the school band in the fifth grade and continued to play all the way through high school. This led to college scholarships where he majored in Welding his first year. After a few months of extremely hot temperatures welding, he decided to go back to college to pursue a degree in Music Education at Copiah-Lincoln Community College in Wesson, MS.
While in college, he played with a Top-40 cover band, Big Daddy Rabbit and the CaneCutters. They played bars, clubs and fraternity parties all over southern MS. At this time, he was also staying busy with studio and fill in gigs. During the days he spent his time at Brookhaven Music and Sound Company giving drum lessons to aspiring young drummers and sharing his love for music and drums.
At the age of 23, he surrendered his life to Christ. Feeling God leading him in a new direction, he packed up his drums and moved to Nashville, TN. While in Nashville, he had the opportunity to play for several christian artists such as Zoe Girl, Jump 5, Jill Paquette, Kimberly Perry, and Casting Crowns. Eventually, DecembeRadio met Boone and the rest, as they say, is history.
Get to Know Boone Daughdrill
- When were you born, and where did you grow up?
I was born August 28, 1979, in Jackson, Mississippi, and grew up in New Hebron, Mississippi.
- Do you like animals? Tell us about your favorite pet (name, species, etc.).
Yes, I do like animals. My favorite pet is my dog Booger. He's a mix of Chocolate Lab/Australia Shepherd/with a few other things mixed in.
- If your life flashed before your eyes, what would be the highlights?
Being with my family, becoming an uncle, and meeting my wife Loren.
- What was the year, make, and model of the very first car you ever owned? Did you have a name for it?
I had a 1984 Ford F150 Fleet Side. I called him The Stud, because it had a small mustang horse on the side of it.
- When did you first begin to play an instrument, and what was it? Name all the instruments you can play.
I was 3 years old. I started drumming on 5 gallon buckets and oatmeal boxes. I can play drums, a little guitar, bass, and piano.
- If you were going to the movies, and there's the choice of a thriller, action adventure, comedy, horror, or romantic drama playing, which would you go see?
Comedy for sure, or maybe a romantic drama. (I like chick flicks, but don't tell anyone.)
- What are your hobbies outside of music? Any sports or activities in which you love to take part?
I love working out, riding mountain bikes, hunting, shooting guns, and shopping with Loren!! It's definitely a sport! HA!
- Choosing from the usual professional sports, (football, baseball, basketball, hockey, golf, NASCAR, etc.) which is your favorite? Who is your favorite team or player?
I don't get to keep up with sports too much, so I don't really know.
- Give us the list of your favorite foods: desert, restaurant, fast food, on the road travel snack, and your overall favorite food.
Favorite desert: Red velvet cake with cream cheese icing
Favorite restaurant: PM in Nashville, Tennessee, or Broma's Deli in Brookhaven, MS
Favorite fast food: Arby's (Arby Melt) or McDonald's (Classic Grilled Chicken Sandwich)
On the road travel snack: Detour Low Sugar Protein bars, Muscle Milk Protein Shakes, rice cakes w/Skippy Natural Peanut Butter
Favorite Overall Food: Sushi
- When you're home, do you cook? If yes, what do you call your signature dish, and what's in it?
I love to cook! Love to make omelets, with green peppers, onions, mushrooms, and cheese. I also love to cook chicken marinated in Italian dressing with onions and brown rice . . . with sliced pineapple on top.
- What's your most memorable on the road story?
Just one? HA! Okay, I'd say singing the national anthem at the Atlanta Motor Speedway in front of thousands of people. And it was televised! I was pretty nervous!
- What is your favorite song to play in concert?
Aww, just one? I guess "Satisfy Me".
- What is currently in your CD player/mp3 player?
Lately I've been listening to Muse, Waverly, John Mayer, Keith Urban, Dave Barnes, Matt Wertz, Shane & Shane, Rascal Flatts, and Brooke Frasier.
- What is your favorite television program, and what makes it your favorite?
I really like Reba. Her son-in-law on the show, Van, makes me laugh out loud!
- What is your first memory as a child?
Getting run over by a motorcycle while riding my bike in the road, after my dad told me not to. That probably not my first memory, but definitely one I will never forget.
- If you were lost on a deserted island what three things (not people) would you want with you?
My Bible, a gun with endless ammo, and sunscreen!
- If you could travel back in time, to what time period would you go?
Anytime before CD burners!!
- For you, what is the best part about being in DecembeRadio?
The best part for me is being to travel and make music with my buddies.